Person of Interest

Where all good pants go to die

Moderators: fat rodman, Papa Shango, Oodus, losloseeboy

Person of Interest

Postby Duke487 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:07 am

Person of Interest is an American drama television series broadcasting on CBS. It's based on a screenplay developed by J.J. Abrams and Jonathan Nolan.The series was officially picked up by CBS on May 13, 2011] and debuted on September 22, 2011.

Mr. Finch (Michael Emerson), a mysterious billionaire, has developed a computer program that predicts the identity of people connected to violent crimes that will take place in the future. However, the program has its limitations; for example, it cannot predict whether the person will be a victim, perpetrator, or witness, nor can it predict when or where the crime will take place. Unable to stop the crimes on his own, Finch hires John Reese (Jim Caviezel), a former CIA field officer who is presumed dead, to help stop the crimes from taking place.

The pilot episode establishes that Finch originally built the machine for the government as a means to prevent another 9/11-type disaster, but found that it was also predicting many "irrelevant" crimes. Finch built a backdoor into the machine that, before erasing the "irrelevant data" each night, sends Finch a single Social Security number of someone involved in one of those crimes. Finch also reveals that the world thinks that he, like Reese, is dead.
[edit]

Anybody watch the first episode? I liked it. For the first 20 or so minutes I was on the fence about it...thinking it was just typical CBS by-the-books "crime drama" but it got a better in the second half, I think. Action scenes were well done. I will watch the second episode.
Duke487
INTERNET LEGEND

Re: Person of Interest

Postby Oodus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:22 am

I liked it. Got an almost superhero vibe to it, with a kickass dude being a vigilante.
Oodus
Alpha and Omega

Re: Person of Interest

Postby Duke487 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:29 am

Yeah I liked Jim Caviezel's character...he's always that kind of shy/mild mannered dude with a mean streak (The Thin Red Line for example). He is definitely doing this show though because he can't get any worthwhile film work after the Passion of da Christ. This show does seem pretty high profile so good for him.

Plus...Michael Emerson aka Ben Linus. Seems like the role was almost written for him.
Duke487
INTERNET LEGEND

Return to Land O' Zubaz